Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Southern Indie Spotlight Starts Tomorrow

One of the things I'm really good at is typing checks on Twitter that my ass can't cash (does that even make sense?). Today I tweeted that if the Scenic City Invitational Facebook page reached 775 likes by the end the day, I'd start a Southern Indie Spotlight feature on this here humble blog. Not a bad idea and something I probably would have done anyhow, except for one thing - I said this would be a daily feature.

As a lazy ass, who has promised and delivered virtually nothing with this blog up to this point, the promise of any daily content was probably a mistake. That said I did leave the parameters of the Southern Indie Spotlight feature wide open. So here is what I am going to do.

Starting tomorrow and going forward every day until the first day of this years Scenic City Invitational (August 5th) I will do a post on this blog that pertains to Southern independent wrestling in some way. It might be a feature on a wrestler or a team, or a top ten list of some sort, or a post about my favorite promotions in the region....or it may just be a link to a match with a brief comment. A lot of this will be dictated by my schedule, mood, whether or not I want to write about anything else at length, budding Twitter controversies, et.

As an extra bonus, I will include links to some of my favorite Southern indie music, shows, et.

And on that note I leave you with Assfactor 4's "I Reckon."

1 comment:

  1. It may not be Southern indie, but that song reminded me of some Detroit indie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfBguMIcs7Q

    ReplyDelete