Friday, May 13, 2016

Destined For Failure

Let's be honest. This isn't going to last. I've threatened to do this for years, and it never goes anywhere. There are a myriad of reasons for this, the most significant of which is that I know nothing about how to operate the back end of a website, and have no desire to learn the rudimentary skills necessary to effectively do such a thing. Some may say I'm merely lazy, but this disinterest is at least partially fueled by a strange brand of luddism that allows me to habitually tweet and text, even as I refuse to use self checkout lines or drive a car.

My Weaverite suspicion of scientific rationalism and progress aside, I am also a vicious critic of my own writing. It's not so much that I think I'm bad. I mean sure, I have awful syntax, my paragraphs end abruptly and often in nonsensical ways (for example the paragraph above this one), I overuse parenthesis and commas (for example...), I can't spell, and I suck with tenses. Also, I constantly use run-on sentences, and start sentences with words you aren't supposed to, and misuse hyphens - and dashes. But really my critique of my writing is that the ideas that end up littering the screen or page, don't match the ideas I have in my head as closely as I would like. So when I do write I don't see it as cathartic or entertaining, I see it as a chore, or a job. And that sucks.

That said I have decided to start this blog for two reasons.

The first is that I said I would after I reached 2,000 Twitter followers which actually happened a few months back.

The second is that the fine folks at Highspots have put up a little bit of Ozark Mountain Wrestling footage on their streaming service and I feel morally obligated to comment on this footage at some length (i.e. 140 characters ain't gonna cut it).

So if you have been waiting for a place where I will collect and publicly share my poorly edited thoughts on professional wrestling, then wait no longer. This is the spot. For now.

6 comments:

  1. How do you post a comment? Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you post a comment? Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hyped to read your thoughts on various shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So basically, our writing styles are the same, except when you do it, it makes you uneasy, and when I do it, it makes me cocky.

    ReplyDelete